Tips for Keeping Yourself Well
When big things happen in our lives, in our communities or across the world, they can take a toll on our wellbeing no matter who we are. Things can feel overwhelming - it is scary and strange - but it is important to remember it is OK and we will get through this!
Here are some tips to help you keep going:
- Stick to your routine. Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time, eat at regular times, shower, change clothes, exercise, have regular catch-ups with friends over the phone or online. This will help you manage your days and adjust more easily when things return to normal.
- Keep active. There are lots of things you can do from the comfort of home including; catching up on movies/TV series, reading, puzzles, yoga or walking in your back yard. The options are endless!
- Stay socially connected. Keep in regular touch with family and friends. You can phone or use the internet - video chat is a great way to stay connected.
- Learn something new. Take this opportunity to learn a new skill, perhaps you enjoy photography or always wanted to learn to bake.
- Take a moment for yourself. Switch off from the world and listen to your favourite song, read a book, enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and watch the birds in the trees. It is amazing how good it feels to sit back and enjoy some quiet time to relax and unwind.
See the notices page for more pastoral messages.